The project’s results can be summarized as follows:
- Low-level system design to enable extensive real-time and reliable biomedical data acquisition
- Intelligent hierarchical integration
- System networking
- Development of a scalable innovative remote health monitoring system, fulfilling all requirements for its further integration in future needs
- Dissemination, standardization and exploitation of results
- Regarding the programme output indicators, the project sets the following:
- Health: Population covered by improved health Services: 28.625 inhabitants (the value in the programme document was defined based on the available budget, per capita cost (11€) and 50% decrease due to potential geographical overlapping population).
- Number of health care institutions reorganized, modernized or reequipped: Number of health ICT systems developed is 1 (platform).
This integrated remote healthcare monitoring system will:
- Introduce in the clinical practice a new e Health approach
- Create a new wireless product that will decrease the cable tangle at the bedside
- Allow an effective prevention of medical complications,
- Allow less experienced professionals to conduct remote health monitoring under the supervision of more highly educated professionals
- Save time for both the patient and the health professional by reducing unnecessary visits and tests, while at the same time assuring that critical cases are seen more quickly
- Keep patient close to the local healthcare experts when away from home,
- Provide healthcare in emergencies and remote areas, this system being able to ensure healthcare monitoring even to those living in remote areas, or regions cut off during emergencies.